As a leading provider of Delaware alarm systems located in Wilmington, B Safe Security acknowledges that when it comes to crime, our city has certainly seen better days. Sadly, Parenting magazine rated Wilmington as the nation’s most dangerous city on a per capita basis. But some interesting attempts have been made in recent years to combat criminal activity in Wilmington, and some of them have made an impact. Those include:
- The “jump outs” program, implemented in 2002. This involved Wilmington police vans patrolling crime-infested neighborhoods at night and converging at street corners in an attempt to detain loiterers and have them fingerprinted, while those found to be in possession of drugs or illegal weapons were arrested.
- The city-wide video surveillance implementation, also in 2002. In fact, Wilmington is believed to be the first American city to place its entire downtown under video surveillance.
- A more organized mobilization on the part of residents to fight crime in Wilmington, including many unofficial neighborhood watch groups that have been quite successful in their efforts.
Plus, many of the neighborhoods in Wilmington are still regarded as generally safe places to raise families. According to Neighborhood Scout, these are the 10 safest neighborhoods in Wilmington:
- Westover Hills / Mount Cuba
- Foulk Woods / Brandywine
- Brandywood / Brandon
- Alapocas / Augustine
- Marshallton / Klair Estate
- Dartmouth Woods / Barkley
- Delpark Manor / Manette Heights
- Highland West / Goldey-Beacom College
- Albertson / Albertson Park
And at B Safe Security, we believe that we are certainly doing our part to help all of Wilmington be a safer place to live and do business, by installing and monitoring quality security systems for our Delaware alarm systems customers. If you are interested in a new security system or would like a local company to take over the monitoring of your existing alarm, contact B Safe Security today.