B-Safe Security Customer Saved by CO Detector

Have you ever wondered if your carbon monoxide detector will really work in the event of a carbon monoxide leak? If so, our Delaware home security team has a story for you.

B Safe Security Customer Saved by CO Detector

Last week, one of our customer service representatives received a call from a customer. The customer told our rep, Shelly, that her CO detector was going off and waking her up. Our monitoring center was calling her too, because they had received a signal from her CO detector and needed to make sure she was okay. The customer told them that she was fine; in fact, she had arrived home and become so drowsy that she immediately went to sleep (you guessed it; this is a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning). Not knowing this, the customer was calling to complain – but fortunately, Shelly knew better.

Shelly told the customer that she needed to get out of the house and call 911 immediately. Naturally, she was confused; that’s another symptom of CO poisoning. Shelly stated again that she was in danger, and that she needed to call 911 and leave the house that instant. Eventually, the customer did – and her life is saved because of it. She was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at the hospital, but will be alright thanks to effectiveness of her carbon monoxide detector, the fast response of our monitoring center and the persistence of our customer service representative.

If this woman didn’t have a CO detector and a caring home security team looking out for her, the outcome would have been very different. So yes, your carbon monoxide detector works – and so does our staff. If you don’t yet have CO detection integrated into your alarm system, you need to get it today. If carbon monoxide enters the home, this device can save your life and the lives of everyone in your household. Ask our Delaware home security team about it today.